Minnesota Laboratory Testing
Below are some of the types of testing we do.
Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Panels
- Comprehensive thyroid analysis with thyroid antibodies
- Complete metabolic panel (CMP)
- Comprehensive lipid panel and sensitive biomarkers for metabolic syndrome
- Biomarkers for chronic inflammation and oxidative stress the primary cause in chronic disease
- A CBC (complete blood chemistry with auto differential)
We assess your thyroid, adrenal glands, liver, kidneys, red/white blood cells and gut function with the above lab tests. All can be affected with chronic health conditions. By getting the information necessary and properly addressing any problems finding lab work, we can help you to heal faster.
Urinary Organic Acid Analysis
Just like diagnosing the health of a car engine by the exhaust coming from the tailpipe, so can a knowledgeable doctor determine a great deal from metabolic products released in your urine. This vital test provides a view into your body's cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated allows individual tailoring of your wellness program that maximizes your responses and leads to optimal health.
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
The roots of a tree extract necessary nutrients from the soil. It is impossible for a tree to be healthy if its roots are unhealthy, you were no different. The roots to your health are your intestines. Your CDSA test for:
- Proper digestion of food molecules and absorption of nutrients--this stool analysis looks at several markers to determine how well fats, protein, carbohydrates, and other nutrients are being absorbed.
- The presence of hidden Candida yeast or bacterial infections--
Intestinal flora balance--this refers to the balance between the "friendly" intestinal bacteria and "harmful" bacteria.
- Intestinal immune function--The intestinal portion of the immune system, called secretory IgA, protects against unwanted substances from crossing the intestinal barrier.
- Dietary fiber intake.
This test is used to determine if the patient suffers from leaky gut syndrome (LGS). Leaky gut syndrome describes a condition of altered or damaged bowel lining, caused by antibiotics, toxins, poor diet, parasites or infection can lead to increased permeability of the gut wall to toxins, microbes, undigested food, waste or larger than normal macromolecules. This leads to immune system activation and an increased occurrence of allergic reactions to foods and other ingested substances
Food Allergy ELISA Testing
To determine if you have sensitivity to gluten (wheat, rye, oats, and barley), milk, eggs, yeast, soy or other foods. If you are sensitive to ANY of these food groups, it could be making your health worse as it will increase inflammation in your brain and throughout your body!
Here are some of the symptoms of these food sensitivities:
- Chronic pain, fatigue and depression
- Poor indigestion bloating and nausea
- Frequent loose bowel movements and/or Constipation
- Mouth ulcers or sores
The only way to find out of you are suffering from food allergies is to run a proper IgE, IgG4, IgA ELISA antibody test!
We check hormone panels to determine if you suffer from hormonal imbalances such as low testosterone in males or low estrogen/progesterone levels in females. Symptoms related to decreased hormone levels may include depression, fatigue, mental fogginess, mood swings, hot flashes, sweating attacks, weight gain, and decreased physical stamina.
Adrenal Stress Index (ASI):
We test your adrenal glands with a test called an Adrenal Stress Index. This is a salivary test much like DNA testing. The adrenal glands sit right above the kidneys and they are your "stress" organs meaning that they react to stress. If you are currently under stress, this test is a must! If you suffer from insomnia and/or diabetes, this test is a must! It will measure your cortisol levels.
Immune Panels-Extremely Important!
Your fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue could be caused by an auto immune condition, which is why it's important to run an anti-nuclear antibody panel blood test. With chronic inflammation your immune system could be attacking your brain and nervous system. This is why the immune panels are so important.
There are two parts to the immune system, TH1 and TH2.
- IL- 2 and TNF-alpha = TH1
- TH1 is T-cells. T-cells are the army that attacks and cleans up afterward.
- IL-4 and IL-10 = TH2
- TH2 is B-cells. B-cells make anti-bodies. They tell T-cells what to kill. If the testing comes back with a high B-cell count, the patient is TH2 dominant.
You will want to determine if there is an active antigen pattern or an immune dysregulation problem. Active antigens are parasites, bacteria, virus, mold, yeast, fungi, protozoan, foods, chemicals, and heavy metals that are causing your immune system to become "enraged".